Monday, March 21, 2005

Nu Vinyl-Part Deux-7"

Everyone remembers the little 7" 45RPM records. Well, everyone who matters. Here's a few of them I found this weekend:

Allen Sherman-The Drop-Outs March b/w Crazy Downtown
Nervous Norvus-Transfusion b/w Dig
The Everly Brothers-Especially For You EP
Bobby Darin-Darin At The Copa EP (This is only one disc, shouldn't there be another?)
Various Artists-RCA Victor SP 45-93 (I got this one for a cover of Louis Prima's Sing Sing Sing by Henry Mancini. I haven't listened to it yet, but I have high hopes. Any cover of a Louis Prima song is a must-buy. OK, I've listened to it, and it's good. Mancini was a genius. This track appears to be from the LP The Blues And The Beat.)

All of these records were without sleeves, unfortunately. And some of them are pretty beat up. I think they will all play, though. I don't worry too much about the way my vinyl looks when I buy it. I don't buy stuff that looks like a yard disc, but I don't spend years waiting for a pristine copy to show up, either. I don't like to spend more than $1 for anything, unless it's new, or I know it's really worth it. You can sift through a lot of crap in a hurry for $1 each!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...