Monday, March 21, 2005

Nu Vinyl-Part III-Revenge of the Sith

First off, I want you to know I don't buy this much vinyl every weekend. I can't. I couldn't. I wouldn't. Mostly because it's rare to find this much interesting stuff. Also, I've got too much as it is. This stuff takes up some serious room.

Here's some of the 12", 33.3333333333 RPM vinyl I got this weekend. I may be too lazy to type it all in, but I'm going to give it the old college try.

Various Artists-Music To Paint By ("Prepared Expressly for Celanese Coating Company by RCA Victor" 1966)
David Carroll And His Orchestra-Percussion Parisienne
Various Artists-60 Years Of Music America Loves Best-Volume III (I got this one for Bing Crosby's Cover of Just A Gigolo.)
Stanley Black And His Orchestra-The All Time Top Tangos
Henri Rene And His Orchestra-Show Boat
The Four Lads-On The Sunny Side
Nick Tagg-12 Years Of Academy Award Winners
Stereo Spectacular Demonstration & Sound Effects (Audio Fidelity DFS 7777)
101 Strings-Swingin' Things From
Duke Ellington-Hi-Fi Ellington Uptown
Percy Faith-Disco Party
Oliver-Good Morning Starshine
Voice Of The Sea (Sound effects from Cook Laboratories)
Billy J. Kramer With The Dakotas-Little Children
Mike Harding-One Man Show
Tennessee Ernie Ford-Ol' Rockin' Ern (UK Pressing!!!)
Tommy Dorsey-In A Sentimental Mood
Original Motion Picture Soundtrack-I'll Take Sweden
Noel Harrison-Collage
Harry Belafonte-The Many Moods Of Belafonte
Mrs. Mills-Your One And Only
Larry Elgart And His Orchestra-More Music In Motion
Bill Black's Combo-That Wonderful Feeling
Ray Herrera-Her
Ed Lyman-He Walks With Me
Liberace-Now!
Ray Price-The Ray Price Christmas Album
Jason And The Scorchers-Still Standing
Various Artists-IRS Greatest Hits Vols. 2 & 3
Touchtones-Touchtones
XTC-English Settlement
XTC-Senses Working Overtime
XTC-Ball And Chain
XTC-Drums And Wires
XTC-Go 2
Bill Nelson-Bill Nelson's Red Noise-Sound-On-Sound
The Jags-Evening Standards
Third World-96° In The Shade
The Cretones-Thin Red Line
Nick Lowe-Labour Of Lust
Dick Curtis-Live At "The Horn" Santa Monica
Dick Hyman-Strictly Organic
Holly & The Italians-Holly Beth Vincent
Holly & The Italians-The Right To Be Italian
Mary Martin-Tells The Story And Sings The Songs Of Rogers & Hammerstein's The Sound Of Music
Owen J Roberts High School Senior Concert Band-Salute of "68"
Buddy Morrow And His Orchestra-Let's Have A Dance Party
The Boomtown Rats-A Tonic For The Troops
The Boomtown Rats-V Deep
The Specials-The Specials
Basil Rathbone-Dickens' Christmas Carol
Tuff Jack-Twangy, Shoutin' Fantastic Big Band Sounds Of
Captain Kangaroo & Leopold Stokowski-Peter And The Wolf
Various Artists-Urgh! A Music War
Gary Myrick And The Figures-Gary Myrick And The Figures
Ashley Miller-Merry Christmas Carols With Organ And Chimes
Various Artists-Jet Set Dance Discotheque Vol. 3
Rock Master Scott And The Furious Three-The Roof Is On Fire b/w Request Line
Pseudo Echo-Funky Town
Huey Lewis And The News-The Power Of Love
Nu Shooz-I Can't Wait
Various Artists-Stereo Action Unlimited!
Bianco, His Harp And Orchestra-Music To Make Your Heart Sing!
Various artists-The Sinkhole Tapes (This one is a collection of North Florida Artists from 1983, and it's put out by the fine folks at Hyde & Zeke Records. This was the best record store in Gainesville when I was in school there. Last time I visited, they'd moved way out in the sticks, and I wasn't impressed, but I'm a lot older now, and times change...)

(Every time I think I'm done, I find another stack...)

James Last-Last The Whole Night Long
Al Hirt-The High-Flying Trumpet Of (This seems to be a promo for United Airlines)
Miriam Makeba-Miriam Makeba
Various Artists-Full Dimensional Sound-A Study In High Fidelity
Various Artists-Music To Help Clean Up Stream Pollution By (A promo thing for Union Carbide)
Max Kaminsk And His Windy City Six-Chicago Style
Sam Price And His Kay Cee Stompers-Barrelhouse And Blues
Carmen Mastren-Banjorama
Lou Cortney-Skate Now Shing-a-ling
Earl Grant-Trade Winds
Hugo Montenegro-Neil's Diamonds Fashioned By
Danny Kaye-Sings Selections From Hans Christian Andersen & Tubby The Tuba
The Swingle Singers-Jazz Sebastian Bach
Doc Severinsen-Trumpets And Crumpets And Things
Doc Severinsen And Friends-Swinging And Singing
Riverboat Banjo Band-The Singing Happy Sound Of The
John Barry-Conducts His Greatest Movie Hits
Roberto Delgado-The Very Best Of
Bob The Cat Bevan-One Flew Over The Bar, Six Flew Over The Ne(s)t
The Alberts/The Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band/The Temperance Seven-The Alberts/The Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band/The Temperance Seven

And that seems to be it. I wish I had the drive and determination to put in other relevant details about all these records, like label, catalog numbers or release dates, but I'm lazy. If you have any questions, drop me a line.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could get a copy of The Sinkhole tapes... I'm on it!! i was the drummer for the riff. i have move so many times, i lost thr copy i had

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to own "The Sinkhole Tapes". I tired to sell it to Hyde and Zekes and they laughed. BTW, to the last commenter.... I saw the Riff at the Rat (before it burned down) back in 1982

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...