Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Oodles of Doodles V


The crazy conductor above is from an LP entitled Enchanted Strings (Spin-O-Rama S 103), and is split between David Rose And His Orchestra on one side, and The Stradivari Strings on the other. I guess they couldn't license enough tracks from the talented Mr. Rose, so they had to include a sides worth of garbage from the Spin-O-Rama house band. Well, I have to assume it's garbage, since the actual LP inside is by 101 Strings. (I hate when that happens.) To me, the fellow above looks like a cross between Beethoven and one of The Beatles. The front cover is a sort of Spirograph of lights, as was popular on a number of 'Hi-Fi' albums from the era.

Someone asked a question about these doodles, so I wanted to clear things up. They are actual details of the orginal artwork that appeared on the forgotten side of old LPs. Many websites are filled with the beautiful color images from the front of old records, but I've never found a site that showcased some of the odd little pictures from the flip sides. So here you go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...