Sunday, July 31, 2005

Oodles of Doodles LXI-Christmas In July


OK, we've made it to the end of Christmas in July. I think this is Christmas doodle number 33, since I snuck in two days with two doodles each. (Well, three actually, but I didn't start until July 2.) We get back to the real reason for the season today, with this doodle from George Beverly Shea-Christmas Hymns (RCA Victor LSP-2064, 1959). 1959 was certainly a banner year for doodles. I think we had three or four from that year. And RCA Victor was a banner label for these doodles, with almost one third of our doodles coming from that label. Which brings me to another question: Is there a definitive list somewhere of the little tag-lines they used next to the Living Stereo logo on these classic releases? This one says "Holy Holiday". I'm going to have to have a look-see around the web, I think. Anyhow, hope you had a great Christmas in July, and I'll see you back here tomorrow with more non-holiday doodles! Thanks for playing along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...