Monday, July 11, 2005

Oodles of Doodles XXXIX-Christmas In July


It's a small but festive doodle today from The Harry Simeone Chorale-Sing We Now Of Christmas (20th Century Fox, Fox 3002, 1958). This LP claims to contain the original version of The Little Drummer Boy. Perhaps it has the popular version, but apparently not the first. I liked the little rectangular shadings on the bells. If it were in color, it might remind me of the Partridge Family bus. Which in turn would remind me of that artist who's name escapes me, but his work consists of little colored squares. You know the one I mean. And then Manhattan Records started using a ripoff of his art for their record labels. It's all so confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...