Saturday, July 30, 2005

Santa Meets Mr. Magoo


Only two days left here for Christmas in July, so I've got to cram a pile of stuff into this remaining weekend. I found this rather squinty Santa Claus on the cover of Christmas In America Sing-Along (Richmond S 30104). He reminded me a lot of Mr. Magoo, but I don't know if there's any connection, really. The cover designer is listed as Burt Portnoy, but I don't think that necessarily means he was the artist. The record is one of those budget release things that lists no artist (other than Orchestra And Chorus) and has nothing on the backside but ads for other records. The music is just a chorus singing the same old Christmas songs with the same old arrangements you've heard time and time again. At least it has a great Santa Claus on the cover.

1 comment:

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...