Monday, August 01, 2005

Living In Stereo


(Is this thing going to work this time? I typed all this and posted it twice already...)

I'm hoping someone out there among my three readers can clue me in about the story behind these little capsule descriptions found on some RCA Victor releases from the late 50's and early 60's. The four examples you see here are all from LPs by The Three Suns. I've not been able to find a listing of these little gems, but I have seen dozens and dozens if not hundreds over the years. Some of them are just ordinary little descriptions, but some are pithy little comments about the tunes inside. Somebody is bound to know more about these items, so please, share the wealth! I'll be sure to post more of these as I come across them.


4 comments:

  1. Sorry, my friend, can't help you there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is that image on the "exotic percussion swing" tag? It really stands out to me as I don't know what.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exotic "Persussion" Swing is from Fever and Smoke. You should be able to see the image over at the excellent 317X.
    http://www.317x.com/albums/t/threesuns3/card.html

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...