Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Oodles of Doodles LXXXIX


Much like this doodle from last week, the doodle above featured on an entire set of albums. In this case, the set was entitled Background Music-Music Blended To Mix Graciously With Social Gatherings, and was issued on Capitol Records. I scanned this one from Sweet And Sentimental (Capitol T473), and I also have Show Tunes (Capitol T378) & Light And Lively (Capitol T375). I'm missing Songs For Harmonizing to complete the foursome, but I've got my eyes open and I'm on the prowl. The artists vary from track to track, but all the tracks are by either Bill Loose And His Orchestra, Gardiner Gibbs And His Orchestra, Jack Stern And His Orchestra or Charles Romo And His Orchestra. The liner notes are the same on all, and feature the following:

With praise like that, how could you pass this up? Not much info on the web that I can find. A few sites have these for sale, and it looks like they were originally released on 10" vinyl. Absolutely no info on the doodle. That guy in the center reminds me a little of Uncle Moneybags from Monopoly, though.

1 comment:

  1. I just bought "Loght and Lievely" and anticipte cleaning it and giving it a listen this afternoon. I guess I won't expect any musical pyrotechnics thougt...

    I stumbled upon your blog while searching google for info on the album.

    I'll check it out again.

    Cheers,
    Yarbz, New Britain, CT, USA
    www.juggernuts.com
    http://imageevent.com/yarbz

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...