Sunday, September 04, 2005

I Love Music


Here's a special treat for those of you who are still paying attention. This LP, I Love Music (Capitol PRO 445, 1958), is a special promo-only collection of Capitol artists from January of 1958. I think all of the music from it has been released elsewhere, but it does have a few spoken intros I wanted to share with you. Follow this YouSendIt link, and you can download the intros by Frank Sinatra, Keely Smith and Billy May. Now I know those haven't been issued anywhere else since 1958! I wish this LP and cover were in better shape. You can see above that the front cover has some radio station stickers on it. But I've said it before and I'll say it again, beggars can't be choosers. (If you look close at the picture, you'll see these two hep-cats are listening to records by Fred Waring and Louis Prima. I find it nearly impossible to imagine a time when those two artists would share an audience. Ah, America in the late fifties...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...