Friday, September 02, 2005

Oodles of Doodles CXVIII


This intrepid explorer is from the back of Esquivel-Exploring New Sounds In Hi-Fi (RCA Victor LPM-1978, 1959). I promised this doodle to you a while back when I scanned in the tagline from the front, "For Woofers & Tweeters", and here you have it. The telescope this guy is using is meant to mirror the one on which Esquivel is leaning on the cover. That tells me that this drawing was made specifically for this release. Well, maybe. You never know. RCA may have had a giant library of these doodles, and they searched for an appropriate one whenever they had some blank space to fill on a cover. This LP came to me with an inner sleeve similar to this one I shared with you the other night, only the colored bits are a dark grey, and it's been reformatted to fill the entire side of the sleeve, not just a strip of it like what I showed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...