Saturday, September 10, 2005

Oodles of Doodles CXXVII


I think I hit the doodle motherlode with this LP, Musical Cocktail Party With Cedric Dumont, His Orchestra And His Shaker (Decca DL 8600, 1955). The twelve individual doodles above each represent a different track on the LP, and each track is named for a different drink, each of which is an original concoction by Mr. Dumont. I guess when they included his cocktail shaker in the credits, you knew it was going to be interesting. From left to right, top to bottom, you have: Ballroom Whispers, The Swiss Boy, Sarie Marei, Guitar Serenade, The Anvil-Cocktail, Gay Paree, High Feather, Fireproof (the naked lady!), The Vilia-Cocktail, The Swiss Girl, La Reginelia and Spanish Fire. What a group! The champagne glass below is also on the back cover, just to sort of round things out, I suppose.

The music on this one is OK, but nothing as spectacular as what I found on this other cocktail-themed LP.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ernie from New Zealand.

    You teased me with 'comments' back in 2005 about an old LP by Cedric Dumont's Orch called 'A Musical Cocktail Party', & then you chose to download a different album by him.

    Have been searching for the Cocktail one for years & got so close......

    Any chance that you could upload it sometime - PLEASE????

    Kind regards
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not even sure where that LP may be in the collection at this moment... A lot of water has gone under the bridge in the five years since I posted that. But if I ever see it pop up in the collection again, I'll keep your request in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again Ernie.
    Still hoping that Christmas morning will see a copy of the Cedric Dumont music in my stocking. I'll be sure to leave space.

    Have a happy one.

    SEASY

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...