Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Wild In Ohio-Part 5 (Chip or Dale)


I think it was my second day in Ohio when I saw the first one. I was inside Stan Hywet when I saw something run across a brick wall outside. At first I thought maybe it was rat, but then I noticed the color. It was a chipmunk! We don't have chipmunks here in Florida, well, other than Chip and Dale up at Disney. So I started watching out for them. Turns out they are fast little buggers! I spotted them quite a few times, but didn't get any decent pictures. The above shot is from a walkway about 15 feet above a riverbank, so that guy probably had no idea I was up above him shooting downward. And even then he didn't stay still very long. The fellow below is a better story, though. He was running through a crevice in a large rock, and probably thought I couldn't see him. But I could, so I turned the flash on and shot. I didn't see what happened next, but I am told the little guy went ballistic after all that light came out of nowhere and lit up his formerly safe hiding place. By the time I got out from behind the camera, he was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...