Sunday, December 11, 2005

One Sun


Since we're having a Christmas party around here anyway, why not invite The Three Suns? These guys know how to have a party! This is an early 10" record from the boys. They weren't up to their late 50s/early 60s spaciness yet, and Living Stereo hadn't even been invented, but you can see the seeds of things to come in the recordings on this mid-sized slab of vinyl. So please download and give a listen to The Three Suns-Christmas Party (RCA Victor LPM -3056, 1952). These guys had about half a dozen different Christmas releases over their career, and I've got several of them to share. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Bless you for all the Three Suns largesse. You have done the world a great service by issuing their complete Christmas recordings. I'm still not recovered from the shock of their Persuasive Percussion approach to "White Christmas" on a "Ding Dong Dandy Christmas."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this isn't all of it. There's a later LP, and I think an EP from between this 10" and the 12". I'm working on getting those for you. I know I have the album somewhere, and I need to make another trip to Banana's to get the EP. There's so much to do and only 13 sharing days 'til Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...