Saturday, January 07, 2006

A Good Day For Birds, Part 6


Here you have the great blue heron. I have yet to spot one of these guys that was actually blue. I tried really hard to get a shot of him in the air, but none of them came out. He was stalking prey in a small lagoon with a path along one side. Each time I'd walk to his side, he'd fly to the other side. Each time he landed, he'd let out a few loud croaks, telling me how upset he was at having to fly the ten feet across the pool. We went back and forth like that maybe six or seven times, but I couldn't get a decent picture from any of them.

1 comment:

  1. Or you can just wait for them to come to you:

    http://www.kudzufiles.com/archives/000737.html

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...