Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The New Weekly Calendar


If you were paying attention last week, you know I was working on a new weekly calendar series, and here is the first of those pictures. (Actually, this is the second picture since I started it with Dec 25th, but I didn't get that shot up here. Besides, I posted it sometime last year in a slightly different format.) This little racoon was hanging out at South Lido Beach on Lido Key here in FL. There are lots and lots of racoons out there, and they are pretty tame. I shot some this past weekend, in fact. But this is a better shot than the ones I got more recently.

3 comments:

  1. I love the calendar pages and plan to use them as my back-drops each week. But the lettering you used on the 2 most recent ones aren't nearly as readable as the lettering on last years. Could you go back to the thicker font?

    Also, if you could post them 1 week in advance, I could show 2 weeks (this week and next week) as my background. That'd be super swell.

    Anyway, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, risser, glad you like them! I'm afraid I can't do anything about making them more readable at this point, though. The pages are designed for a book that I printed out and gave to my grandmother for Christmas. The odd format is because the pictures are printed out across two landscape-oriented pages laid end-to-end. This results in the really wide pictures. They look great in print, but as you can see, they don't exactly fit on the screen. And the font doesn't show up too well on-screen either, I guess. I'll see what I can do about getting them out early, but I'm usually pretty lucky if I get them out before the end of the proper week... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're beautiful anyway. Plus, since I'm originally from St. Pete and am now living in Cleveland, your images are fantastically perfect.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...