Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Eagle In The Distance


I bring you a lot of bird pictures here at Ernie (Not Bert), and most of them are a whole lot better than this one, but none of them are shots of a bird as majestic as this bald eagle. I wish I could get closer to him, but I don't want to get shot for trespassing. I first showed you a picture of this guy and his mate last year, but it was taken with the old camera, so it's a little blurrier. They are building a large housing development close to this guy's nest, so I may be able to get closer in the near future, if the development doesn't drive them away. You can see the huge nest they live in below. This massive structure stood up to several hurricane near-misses in the past few years, so you can imagine how well-built it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...