Sunday, April 02, 2006

Perch Like An Eagle


Real quick, here's a picture of a bald eagle. I found this fellow and his mate down at Stump Pass State Park near Englewood, FL. He was way on the other side of the Intercoastal Waterway, so I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get anything other than by usual blurry, far away pictures, but fate had something a little better in mind. A nearby boater asked me what kind of bird I was shooting. I told him it was a bald eagle, then, being braver than usual, I asked him if he minded giving me a ride to the other side to take a closer look. He said sure, but then another boater came along and needed a tow. I told him to take care of the fellow mariner in distress, and he promised to come back. It took an hour, but the fellow was as good as his word and returned. We still weren't able to get too close to the eagles, and the light was rapidly failing, but I got a pretty good shot. I've got plenty more I want to share, but it's late, and I have to go away on business in the morning. Hopefully I'll get more pictures posted during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...