Thursday, June 29, 2006

Meet The Locals


If there is such a thing as an iconic sign in Vegas, it would have to be this cowgirl and her cowboy. They live off the strip in Downtown Las Vegas at a place called the Fremont Street Experience. I'll share more of that Experience with you later, but for now, suffice it to say that these two neon figures have a hard time competing with the other sites around them. I'm sad to say that neither figure was in motion while I was there. Normally the cowboy moves his arm and the cowgirl kicks up her heels. I guess they were just tuckered out from a long day in the Nevada heat. The cowboy stands above the former Pioneer Club, while the cowgirl adorns Glitter Gulch. Ah-ha, her name is Vegas Vicky (formerly Sassy Sally), and his name is Vegas Vic. I love the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...