Friday, August 11, 2006

The Colors, The Colors


While I'm on the subject of colored vinyl, did you know that when RCA first introduced 7" 45 RPM records they were all on colored vinyl? I guess it was to help you find your favorite music, as the different colors specified different types of music. Here's a sample of the blue and the red, with blue meaning show tunes, and the red is classical. I think there was also green for country, orange for something, and I forget the other colors. They are all pretty much impossible to find anymore, especially the really good tunes. I found these today in a couple of boxed sets of records. I need to find a better way to scan them, they look much better than this in real life. The scanner works by reflected light, and these records look best when the light is passing through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...