Saturday, August 12, 2006

Oodles Of Doodles CXCVII


How's about a few musical instruments for you today? These hail from the back of Buddy Morrow-Impact (RCA Victor LSP-2042, 1959), a collection of TV theme music I picked up yesterday. I don't always listen to the records I post doodles from, but in this case, I couldn't pass up versions Peter Gunn, Perry Mason, Rawhide, etc. And boy, was I glad I listened. There's some great stuff in these grooves. I guess I should have suspected as much, since there was a tag on the front that said "A Stereo Must".

You know what, this record is so good, I think I'll share it with you. Well, maybe not. Looks like this one is on CD, combined with it's follow-up, Double Impact. Maybe I need to look into that CD... By the way, do you think it's a coincidence that this record includes two themes that were both later covered by The Blues Brothers? Hmmmmmmm......

1 comment:

  1. It's a good CD but not the original versions of the songs. This is particularly tragic in the case of the "Sea Hunt" theme although Morrow and (un-named) crew give all the selections a very nice run.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...