Thursday, November 16, 2006

Moon Over LA

I've been remiss in not posting more of my few shots from LA. (For that matter, I still have lots of pictures from Ohio that I wanted to share, but haven't yet. (Even worse, I drove four hours to Palm Beach today, didn't take any pictures, then drove back four hours. What's wrong with me?)) Anyhow, the picture above is the moon rising over LA when I was out there. I guess the smog acted to give it the incredible color you see here, which is usually only present in full moons, and then only when it first comes up over the horizon. I tried to get some of the many planes that were buzzing about into this shot, but those didn't come out. The planes were stacked up over LAX waiting for clearance, as many as 10 at a time were visible from my vantage point, all lined up in neat little rows.

1 comment:

  1. I have some requests for a future Christmas album download:
    Billy Vaughn "Christmas Carols"
    Billy Vaughn "Have A Merry, Merry Christmas"
    Eddie Dunstedter "Christmas Candy"
    "Merry Christmas To You!" (Capitol T-9030)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...