Saturday, November 11, 2006

The View From Above

When I saw this scene from the air, it took me a while to believe what I was seeing. After taking the picture, bringing it home and comparing it to what I saw on Google Earth, I was sure of what I saw. On the flight back from LA, via Kansas City, we passed right over Lake Mead, and if you look closely near the center of the picture, that's Hoover Dam, the same site I brought you after my trip to Las Vegas back in June. What are the chances we'd fly right over this? I only wish the picture could be better. What you see above is after I spent half an hour in Photoshop cleaning and tinting, and as you can see, it still looks pretty poor.

7 comments:

  1. Ernie how can I get a copy or download George Feyer Echoes of Christmas that you have?
    I need your help....
    Randy in Minnesota

    ReplyDelete
  2. randy: any chance you have family in WV?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes there is some family in WV.
    Ernie did you get to check on the Geroge feyer yet?
    Do you see this messages?
    Randydandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Randy,

    The George Feyer should get reposted sometime during the Christmas season. It's one of the noisier records I recorded last year, so I'm thinking of re-recording it and maybe trying some noise reduction on it. But either way, I'll get it up. Stay tuned.

    BTW, SoUncreative thinks you may be some long lost relative. Take it for what it's worth...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok then: the laundry list:
    is your dad in WV?
    do you have 2 sisters there?
    oh yea, are YOU female?
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No to all the answers. SORRY.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL no worries, it was an amusing long shot!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...