Saturday, December 02, 2006

Three Suns Day, Part None

Well, I'm afraid I don't have any more Three Suns music to share with you today. The 45 shown above is just something I picked up because I thought it was neat. There's no unique music on it. Look closely, and you'll see that it's a release on RCA Victor of Brazil, in the original sleeve. This side is Noite Silenciosa (Silent Night) and the flip side is Jingle Bells (RCA Victor Brazil 84-0002).

That brings me to the point of this post, the Christmas music by The Three Suns that I still need. There's A Ding Dong Dandy Christmas, of course. Everyone needs that. What I also need is a single from way, way back in the day, Sleigh Ride b/w Uncle Mistletoe. That's got to be a great song, don't you think? Uncle Mistletoe, it just sounds like a lot of fun. So if you have it, I'd love a copy. Someday I'll find the original 45, but a nice MP3 will hold me for a long time. Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Ernie -- "Uncle Mistletoe" is a cutesy novelty number from the forties (Eddy Howard's orchestra had the hit), in which "the jolliest man I know" advises Santa Claus. I have the Howard version if you'd like to hear it.

    Thank you VERY much for saluting The Three Suns. I'm familiar with their pre-exotica material from the 1940s, so I'm curious about the fabled "Ding Dong Dandy Christmas."

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Scott-Thanks for the info. I would love to hear the version of Uncle Mistletoe you mentiond. Send it along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Ernie -- Glad to do it; please send me your e-mail address privately.

    Best wishes -- Scott

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ernie-

    I happen to have the Uncle Mistletoe/Sleigh Ride 45...if I can figure out the way to put it up on rapidshare, I'd gladly do so for you. It's the least I can do as a thanks for all the great posts!

    PS. "Mistletoe" has a vocal and is fun, but I prefer the instrumental "Sleigh Ride" b-side!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pete-It would be great if you could get those tracks out to me. Rapidshare isn;t all that hard, just look for the upload button on the home page, then when it's done uploading, you send me the link. If that doesn't work, email the things to me! You can get to my email from the front page of the blog, I think it says About Me. I'm dying to hear those tracks, and I can't imagine a Three Suns track with a vocal.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...