Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Two For Tuesday The Third

Here's another part of my unpopular series of two tracks with some linking theme for your Tuesday enjoyment. I didn't put a lot of time or effort into it this week, I'm afraid. What I've got for you is just two versions of the theme from The Mickey Mouse Club. Which is pretty interesting, I guess, if you remember that show. Hopefully I won't get targeted by the mouse for sharing these off-beat versions... Version one is the oldest, and comes from a great LP called How To Get The Most Out Of Your Stereo (Warner Bros XS 1400, 1960), a sampler LP from the early days of both Warner Brothers Records and stereo. (I shared the cover from this one with you earlier, and I think I mentioned there that it's on beautiful gold vinyl.) Oh, the artist is Frank Comstock And His Orchestra, and he titles the track Theme From "Mickey Mouse Club". The other version, from 18 years later, but still 29 years ago, is George Wright, from George Wright Plays The Chicago Theatre Organ (Century Records CRDD 1060, 1978), where it's titled Mickey Mouse March. Dig it! (And don't forget last week...)

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Thanks for posting things I enjoy. I posted two singles yesterday, too- just for the sake of their being two Verve swingers. One is Jimmy Smith's version of Mickey Mouse. Then I stumble on your post. Oh the uncanny coincidence.

    blognow.com.au/spabelohi

    So I've finally started posting my years of vinyl collecting, I guess no one minds if I just link to them?

    Thanks, Stevio

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...