Tuesday, February 20, 2007

February Drags On

This week in February brings you a sampling of Florida wildlife, both living and extinct. Above is a three-legged gator I shot in the Hillsborough River last year. I've seen him up there a couple of times. That missing leg makes him easy to identify. The shot below is a skull from a wooly mammoth that I shot at the South Florida Museum in Bradenton. They've got the whole skeleton on display near the entrance. I had to lie on the floor and shoot straight up to get this shot. I think it was worth it, though.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it was well worth it. Great shot!

    Kenny Harrelson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of looks like the aliens from the old sci-fi movie "Five Million Years to Earth".

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...