Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Oodles Of Doodles CCXIV

While looking for some Western music for tonight's Two For Tuesday, I came across an LP called TV Western Themes by Slim Boyd & His Range Riders (Coronet CXS 175). I decided not to share any of the music from it, but these Western doodles were too good to pass by. The one above, from the front of the record sleeve) is cool to me just because of the rather complex looking TV antenna. You don't see too many of those these days. And putting the horse and rider on there makes me think of some sitcom where they went around and pulled down all the TV aerials in town for some reason. What show was that??? And the doodle below from the back of the LP is just strange. It's a scene that combines some obvious Western symbolism with some rather uncharacteristic furniture. I mean, aren't those Hawaiian chairs? Something you might find on a Webley Edwards LP cover? Anyhow, I thought it was interesting enough to merit scanning and sharing. Hope you enjoy it. (I've shared doodles from Western themed LPs a couple, three times before. Have a look-see.)
Is this the same Slim Boyd as I shared out here doing Christmas music? Probably supposed to be, but I don't think there really is such a person. It's probably just old recordings by nameless folks that were endlessly recycled by budget labels like Coronet, Premiere, etc. The artist name isn't even on the record sleeve. I had to look on the record to find a credit.

1 comment:

  1. The recipe I am going to share with you today is about 350 years old! A great favourite from the Cape where the first brandy from Cape grapes were distilled in 1672! We have come a very long way since then when it comes to the quality of our brandy, but still, Cape Brandy Pudding remains an old time favourite :) Growing up in South Africa is great fun with all the recipes your mother makes and teaches you during your younger years!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...