Saturday, May 12, 2007

Demilio Returns


I found another artwork by Demilio today. This brings my total up to six. They seem to be easier to find than Jim Flora stuff, and certainly less sinister, but at least as interesting. This comes from the cover to Edmundo Ros And His Orchestra-Calypso Mania (Richmond B 20021), which has a printed-on price tag of $1.98. That's pretty serious budget stuff. You can see the other examples of Demilio that I have found and read up on them here, here, here, here and here. As I mentioned in that last linked post, I've only ever found these covers shared out one other place on the web, and this seems to be one he doesn't have. I really should try to get in touch with that guy.

2 comments:

  1. Ernie,

    I first saw Simon Robinson's wonderful website many years ago. I'm not sure but I don't think he has updated anything for a long time.

    As for getting hold of him, I would say that that was well-nigh impossible.

    Pity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried leaving a message via the Contacts page over there, but the system wouldn't accept it. Kept saying I hadn't included a message. So I guess I'm out of luck. Maybe he'll stumble across this site someday...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...