Monday, July 16, 2007

Deer Season


I don't think I've mentioned the deer that I spotted in California. I had hoped to spot a bear or two, but I got deer instead. I'm not complaining, mind you. I spotted the spotted fawn above and the two does below in Muir Woods. They were obviously used to humans, since I was less than six feet away in both cases. It was amazing to be able to walk so close to these seldom seen creatures. The doe at the bottom was in a field in Yosemite. As we were driving out, I had just mentioned that it was the time of day you might see deer emerging from the woods to feed, and sure enough, there she was. There were some other yahoos in the field trying to chase her down for whatever reason, so I never got very close.

1 comment:

  1. in manay states, deer are not "seldom seen" but "often eaten" !! LOL

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...