Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Ernie ala Ansel


Speaking of Ansel Adams, I figured I should show you my best shot from Yosemite that I felt followed a little bit in his footsteps. Late in the afternoon, I noticed that a half-moon had risen. Unfortunately, I didn't notice it until it was quite high in the sky, so I had a real hard time getting it in the same frame with the mountains I was seeing at the time. I was able to get a couple of shots that I liked, though, and this is my favorite one. I shot it in color, of course, and did the B&W conversion in Photoshop. What you see is just the red channel information in 255 shades of gray. I thought that brought out the most detail in the rock spire and the moon, while it made the sky almost black, since there was very little red information in the blue sky. Clicking on the picture should take you to a larger, higher resolution version, where I think it looks much better than in the little preview. Hope you like it.

1 comment:

  1. pretty impressive. I like that the moon is a good distance from the rock- gives a minimalist feeling to it.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...