Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Oodles Of Doodles CCLXIX


I know, I know, you all thought I had forgotten about the doodles. I haven't, but I've been busy elsewhere. I've got stacks and stacks of these things that I want to share, but there always seems to be something more urgent to do. But I wanted to get this one up here before I forgot about it. At first glance, I stopped breathing for a sec and thought "This looks like a Jim Flora!" On second glance, I decided it's probably not. It may be modeled after some of his less kinetic art, but this lacks the life of his work. It also lacks anything with three arms or fourteen eyes, and nothing has teeth. So until someone tells me otherwise, I'm going to put this in the 'not Jim Flora' pile. (I wish I actually had a 'Jim Flora' pile...) This still-great doodle hails from the flipside of Jack Montrose And All-Stars-The Horn's Full (RCA Victor LPM-1572, 1958). Hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...