Tuesday, December 18, 2007

26 Days Of Christmas-Day 17


It's not all pop music or kiddie tracks here on the 26 Days of Christmas. I need to throw in a little bit of choral stuff to keep you on your toes, and for the fourth or fifth time this season, I'm sharing something from an album called Sound(s) Of Christmas. I'm not sure what the story behind this 7" EP is, but I bought it a couple of weeks ago at Bananas. I think SESAC was some sort of music library, providing music for various uses, and this was a sample of their Christmas repertoire. I could be way off, but I'm hoping it's something close to that. Wait, looks like maybe they're analogous to ASCAP or BMI. Anyhow, I chose this track just for the name, and it turned out to be pretty good. Please download and enjoy The William Dawson Chorale-Merry Are The Bells from Sounds Of Christmas (SESAC Recordings AD-84).

Previous Tunes:
Mickey Gilley-Don't The Girls All Get Prettier At Christmas Time
Scott Fagen-Sandy The Blue Nosed Reindeer
Russ Morgan-The Mistletoe Kiss
Sascha Burland-The Chickens Are In The Chimes!
Commander Shea School Boys' Choir-Chree-See-Mus
The Crew-Cuts-Dance Mr. Snowman Dance
Tennessee Ernie-A Rootin' Tootin' Santa Claus
Arthur Godfrey-Christmas Is Christmas
Sue Powell-Kiss Me It's Kiss-mas
Eddy Howard-Uncle Mistletoe
Lonzo And Oscar-Jangle Bells
Margaret Whiting And Jimmy Wakely-Christmas Candy
Joe Dowell-A Kiss For Christmas
Connie Landers-I'm Gonna Be Warm This Winter
Joe Ward-Christmas Questions
Molly Bee-Willy Claus

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...