Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Go USA-Part Seven


I've finally got the long-awaited part seven of my military tribute I started last Sunday. Took me a while to get this last LP ready to go. I wanted to cut side 2 into tracks, but they run together too much for me to get clean edit points in there. So you're going to have to listen to Ray Conniff, His Orchestra And Chorus, in one long, 25 minute chunk. I hope you don't mind. I was able to cut side one into songs and chatter bits, so you can pick out your favorite Connie Smith, Sonny James and Jordanaire songs. All this great music comes to you courtesy of The United States Air Force and their LP An Old Fashioned Christmas (USAF, 1973). I really enjoyed this one, but then I've liked all of them. Oh, there're some big Nashville session names on side one, including Lightnin' Chance and Charlie McCoy. I don't know what to make of the credit to Staff Sergeant Les Paul as Technical Assistant. Couldn't be...

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! Believe me when I say that you are personally responsible for my purchase of a Premium Rapidshare Account for the month of December! Lovin' these "Military" records (as I love all Christmas Music, of course). Thanks so much, Ernie (and No Thanks to Bert)!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...