Sunday, December 09, 2007

Three Suns Sunday-Part Two


The second installment of Three Suns Sunday is this, their second collection of Christmas tunes from 1952, only three years after their earlier collection. Their sound is starting to get a lot peppier, but still has a ways to go. I shared out the 10" LP you see above back in 2005, and then the next year I discover that these tracks had also been released on a double 7" collection, shown below. The music appears to be the same on the two releases, though. (I don't believe they edited the 7" tracks like they did on this Arthur Godfrey Christmas record I shared out earlier.) The cover for these releases seems to be a big improvement over the last one, too. They (and RCA Victor, no doubt) are getting better in every way. If you don't already have it in your collection, please be my guest and download The Three Suns-Christmas Party (RCA Victor LPM -3056, 1952). More to come.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure I downloaded these last year, but I downloaded 'em again, and I'm really enjoying them. Especially this 2nd album (which just happens to be the one I'm listening to right now. Funny how that works.), which sounds a little more traditional.

    Thanks for all the great music, and Merry Christmas.

    -M

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...