Monday, December 03, 2007

Used Music-Track Seven


Yes, it's been a few days, but here is the triumphant return of Used Music-Ernie's Thrift Store Christmas Compilation Compilation! And I've got a great one for you tonight. As far as I know, this was the only Christmas compilation ever put out on A&M, at least from the period of time I like to pull my tracks from. I can talk about it or I can let you listen for yourself, and I think I'm going to let you listen. This is Snow by Claudine Longet from ¡Something Festive! (A&M For B.F. Goodrich SP 19003, 1968). I know it's been out on CD before, but this is too good a compilation track to pass up.

Previous Tracks:
The Sanborn Singers-Jingle Bells
Les Baxter Orchestra And Chorus-Hang Your Wishes On The Tree
Sandler & Young-Mister Santa
Peggy Lee-Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town
Danny Kaye-Deck The Halls (With Boughs Of Holly)
Debbie Reynolds-There's No Place Like Home

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes, it's just so hard not to use a track that's been released recently on cd, isn't it? It's so tempting....!

    Kenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figure a single track here and there won't send me to RIAA purgatory. Maybe... And it's not exactly in the best fidelity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see you take this stance, because I feel the same way. There's this song I'd really like to post over on Music For Every Mood that I've been sitting on awhile. It's not CD quality, by a long shot, so I figure they won't mind too much.
    And who knows - with things being remastered all the time, the original version might be slightly different! That happened to me over at MFEM already. Both sides of a single I had were totally different versions than were on the album released simultaneously. Justification enough for me!

    Kenny

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...