Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Oodles Of Doodles CCCXXIX


I suppose there was a time when Guy Lombardo was considered a hip musician. How could anyone who is today considered such a boring anachronism have ever been popular? I don't know, but based on the number of Lombardo records I see in the junk stores, he must have been bigger than Elvis at one time. I mean, I never see Elvis records, and that must mean that he didn't sell very many, right? OK, perhaps there is a small flaw in my logic there, but you get the idea. This doodle shows Guy Lombardo And His Royal Canadians as they must have appeared in the early fifties at the Roosevelt Hotel in New York. At least that's what the liner notes tell me. I suspect there were more members of the band in real life, but what do I know. This doodle comes from the back of the LP The Band Played On (Decca DL 8208). I'm afraid I didn't muster up the courage to listen to it. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...