Sunday, January 13, 2008

Oodles Of Doodles CCCXXVI


Here's another little doodle for you tonight. This is an interesting one, but it's certainly not the most artistic one I've ever shared. I'm guessing that the dancing guy above is drunk as can be, that is the about the only thing I can think of that may explain the look on his face. His date doesn't seem to be too perturbed about it, though. I don't think this is meant to be the same couple as shown on the front of the LP (below), but maybe. They don't even look like they were drawn by the same artist to me, but anything is possible. The album in question is Kurt Edelhagen And His Orchestra-Jazz From Germany (Decca DL 8231). I guess the target audience here was GIs returning from their time in post-war Germany, trying to recapture a little bit of the music they experienced over there. Not the native oom-pah band stuff, but the American invention after it got filtered through the Germanic lens.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! I didn't realize it would leave the residue of my deleted comment behind. But, here is the original comment:
    I thought that name, Kurt Edelhagen, sounded familiar! I just shared a song featuring him and his orchestra over on Music For Every Mood. Any chance we faithful here at Ernie (Not Bert) might get to hear the album this doodle is from?

    Kenny

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...