Thursday, February 21, 2008

Imagine That


You may recall that I shot the lunar eclipse last night. I'm flipping through the pictures trying to find the best ones, which I'll get to you later, when I come across the shot above. This was early in the evening not long after moonrise and well before the eclipse began. I saw a dark spot on the shot that wasn't there in the shot before or after, and I wondered what I was looking at...

A little magnification reveals that for 1/100 of a second, there was a jetliner on the moon! And it was really, really big! Either that, or I just happened to catch a local jet as it passed in front of the moon. Either way, it's pretty cool. This isn't the first time I've inadvertantly caught something in the picture that I didn't know about until later, but this is the most impressive.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent shot, Ernie. But it would've been better if the ship was round and had little blinking lights...

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least it wasn't a kid riding a bicycle with a milk carton toting an alien!


    Capt

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...