Saturday, February 16, 2008

Purple Pollen


For some years now, I've been trying to capture something similar to what you see in this picture. When I was growing up, we had a row of pine trees out in front of the house. Every year, the trees would sprout these little structures that produce pollen, and they were the coolest shade of purple. Years later, when I became interested in photography, I wanted to try and catch that purple, but could never get the timing right on when the trees would be blooming. Well, I happened to be out and about today, and I found a pine tree that is almost at the end of the cycle. You can see some of the purple is still left in the picture above, but not too much. Maybe next year I'll remember to start looking earlier. Oh, the pollen that comes out of these is yellow, not purple. That post title is just a little bit of alliteration for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...