Monday, March 31, 2008

The Whole Arc, Such As It Is


I happened to catch this odd rainbow this afternoon at my parents house. I don't know if you can tell just how odd it is by looking at the picture. See how low it is to the ground? This was created by an oncoming rainstorm at around 4:30 in the afternoon, more than three hours before sunset. That made the sun quite high in the sky, and this the rainbow was low to the ground. You don't see these very often, and this one only lasted about 5 minutes. I figure I'm pretty lucky to have seen it, and even more so to have photographed it.

2 comments:

  1. it is easy to grab pics of fantastic stuff like this when your camera has been surgically attached to you! THAT'S why you were gone so many days ... right?? lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful photo. Congrats on the great shot.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...