Sunday, April 06, 2008

That Picasso


I know it's taking forever for me to share my Chicago pictures, but I'm hoping you'll find it worth the wait. Here's another great landmark I spotted while I was in the windy city. This large statue is an untitled work by the great Picasso. I remember seeing this statue in The Blues Brothers, and I'd always wanted to see it for myself. On the taxi ride in from the airport, I made the driver take me past it so I could make sure I saw it during my stay. Turned out I walked by it twice more during my trip, so I was able to get a picture or two. It's in a dark canyon between some pretty tall buildings, so I don't know how often, if ever, it gets direct sunlight. So that's why it's only about half illuminated in this shot. But at least I got a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...