Friday, May 16, 2008

Oodles Of Doodles CCCXXXIX


When I first spotted the doodle above, I thought perhaps it had sprung from the pen of Dr. Seuss. Just look at those fish! But I sorta doubt that Dr. Seuss would have been doing doodles for RCA in 1958. The back of the album is no help in the matter, I'm afraid. Sometimes a doodle is bound to remain a mystery forever. This art springs from the back of The Trembling Of A Leaf And The Sounds Of The Sea by Ray Hartley, Piano, with David Terry And His Orchestra (RCA Victor LSP-1659, 1958). Whoever the artist is, he came up with a doodle that matches the title of the album. Not very many doodles have anything to do with the LP they decorate. Now, just step back and imagine those fish in red and blue, and one and two...

1 comment:

  1. Haven't seen the name Ray Hartley for nearly fifty years.

    I wonder what this LP sounds like (hint, hint)?

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...