Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Results Are In


Big congratulations go out to Christine Desiree and her sculpture Pulse for taking second place in the public voting during Sarasota Season Of Sculpture 4! The voting took place online in Arts And Culture magazine, and the results were announced at a swanky outdoor soiree last Tuesday evening. Christine was given a copy of the above picture, printed out on fancy canvas so that it looked like a million bucks. Unbeknownst to me until the presentation, they used one of my pictures on the award! So not only did I help to fabricate the piece for Christine, I got one of my pictures on the award (and in the official program!)! The organizers of SSoS4 were nice enough to give me a copy of the award as well, which I intend to have framed and hung on the wall at work to show off to visitors. It's pretty cool to be involved in something like this, a guy could get used to it. Many thanks to Toby Thompson for sending me the electronic version of the picture you see above. He's the fellow that did the awesome layout work on the award, as well as the program. (He sent me at least one more little something that I hope to share with you sometime soon.) Double big thanks to Christine (and Brian) for letting me be a part of your art. Oh, and Jill, for keeping me in the loop and plenty of nagging about sending over the pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, big fellow! You have to know now that all the shots, all the lugging around of gear and the many many hours of trying to figure out how something could have been done better are paying off. In all the elation of your photo work, however, don't forget your talent for taking music that would otherwise be lost or at the very least, not remain in a condition worth listening to, and cleaning it up to perfection and sharing it with a lot of folks, young and old alike. Thanks for all the terrific work - photos and music.

    fixxitt in Georgia

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...