Friday, June 06, 2008

Ernie's Big TV Debut


Well, I originally thought it was going to be last week, but they finally moved the big sculpture known as Pulse today, and I was along for the ride. Surprisingly, a couple members of the news media came out to watch the big show, and I made it on TV. Look at the left of the frame grab above, and you can see me walking out from behind the cube. Yep, that's it. I got half a second of screen time, and it's because I accidentally walked into their shot. You can see the whole 2:06 segment at the WWSB ABC 7 website here, or you can read all about it here. I walk in right before a fade around the 0:46 mark, so watch for me. You'll also see Christine, the artist (they call her Christine Snyder, but she goes by Christine Desiree), her husband Brian (who actually goes by Brian Snyder) and their daughter Blythe. All during those filmed sequences, I'm standing behind the reporter/cameraperson taking pictures, as you can see below. They also interviewed the CEO of USF, on who's Sarasota campus the sculpture now resides. I had to resist the temptation to shout out 'Go Gators' while he was being interviewed. (I later found out he was a graduate of FSU, which made me regret not doing it even more.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...