Monday, September 22, 2008

The (Temporary) Waterfalls Of New York City


One of the things I saw in NYC that surprised me were these temporary waterfalls. They were an art project designed by Olafur Eliasson, and were only in place for a few months this summer. They are all visible from a few spots on the East River, I first shot them from the South Street Seaport. The one above in under the Brooklyn tower of The Brooklyn Bridge. You could hear it when you walked over it, but there were no views of it looking straight down, I'm afraid.

The falls above were the ones the farthest away, out on Governor's Island. I thought about going out there, but I never did.

The shot above is from the Brooklyn Bridge itself, looking underneath the Manhattan Bridge on the Manhattan Island side. Pretty cool view, if you ask me.

And last but not least was this falls just South of the Brooklyn Bridge on the Brooklyn side. I took all four of these pictures on my big NYC picture day. I spent 17 hours out and about, shooting 3200 pictures during that time. As you can see, the shots aren't exactly going to get me any contracts with calendar manufacturers, but I enjoyed shooting the shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...