Friday, October 17, 2008

Why I'm Not A Wedding Photographer


Plenty of people have asked me to shoot weddings and other events for them, and I've always politely declined. Part of the reason is that I think I don't take good people pictures. I don't have any real experience with using the flash and getting good flesh tones and all that jazz. The other reason is my lack of concentration on the task at hand. As I mentioned a second ago, I shot pictures at a wedding this evening, and right about the part where they read their hand-written vows, I spot this osprey flying along the water's edge looking for dinner. So what did I get a picture of? The vows? No. The osprey? Yes. Of course. Why ask a silly question?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...