Friday, November 28, 2008

27 Days Of Christmas-Day The First


With all the hubbub today, I almost forgot that I need to get started on my annual online Christmas compilation. This makes the third year I've put together a compilation for you, one track at a time, one day at a time, between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Each year it's gotten a little longer, starting out as 25 days in 2006, growing to 26 days in 2007, and stretching out to 27 days this year. Eventually, I'm going to run out of days and have to double up during the season. Anyhow, let's get this party started with a great track by the great Lorne Greene-Christmas Is A-Comin' (May God Bless You) from his great Christmas album Have A Happy Holiday (RCA Victor LPM-3410, Mono, 1965). Lorne also appeared on the LP Christmas On The Ponderosa, but I don't like that one as much as I do this one. And I've always loved this song, since I first heard The Muppets perform it on their LP with John Denver. Don't forget to come back each day between now and Christmas to get another great track for this compilation.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for getting us going! Checking in with you each day for fresh treasure is a regular Christmas ritual for me.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...