Thursday, December 04, 2008

Christmas Far Away


I'm sure you folks thought I was giving up on the old blog here, after going more than 24 hours without any new posts, right here at the busiest time of the year. But sometimes real life has to take precedence over blog life, no matter how much I may enjoy sharing out all this great Christmas music. But here I am with at least one new share for the evening. Tomorrow may be a little slow, also, but I promise to make up for some of my deficit on the weekend. What a share I'm giving you now, though! This was one of my most exciting finds of the year. Normally these Christmas records from other countries don't do much for me. I don't know the music, can't sing along, and I just can't get into them. But this one really grabbed me and pulled me in. I don't know any of the songs, and don't know that I will ever be able to sing along with them, but I still really like it. When ever one comes up at random in iTunes, I have to stop and look to see what it is. As I was recording it, I kept thinking back to Esquivel, lots of wordless vocals and pop flourishes that are unexpected. It's really not anything like what you might be thinking after I throw that name out there, but it is really, really good. So go download The Madrid Concert Orchestra And Chorus-Victorino Echevarria, Arranger-Conductor-Christmas In Spain (United Artists UAS 6059, Stereo, 1959). Man, is this good.

1. Zumba Zum
2. Long Live St Joseph And The Child (Viva San Jose Y El Nino)
3. Sleep Little Jesus (Dorm Jesuset)
4. Where Are You Going Little Shepherd? (Adonde Vas, Pastorcito?)
5. Tan-Tan
6. Sing Little Ones (Chicetes, Cantem)
7. And There Is A Star (Y Es Una Estrella)
8. To Bethlehem (A Betlem, Si Us Plau)
9. Between The Straw And The Ice (Entre La Paja Y El Hielo)
10. From Egypt To Bethlehem (De Egipto Para Belene)
11. The Child Came Down From Heaven (El Nino Bajo Del Cielo)
12. Lotan-Dago
13. The Tambourines Are Playing (Suenen Las Panderetas)
14. Bolo, Bolo, Bolo

2 comments:

  1. You're right! This is good!
    Thanks for sharing this out!


    Capt

    word verification: forkmo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola, muchisimas gracias t Felices Navidadesy daƱo Nuevo. Adios Maria

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...