Thursday, December 11, 2008

How Many More From Westminster?


Perhaps I'm stuck in a rut, posting all these shares from the Westminster label. But I like to think of it as a theme. This is a repost from back in 2005, and was one of the few records I've shared out that feature multiple artists. I don't think I've seen a single other copy of this record in the years since I shared it out. Unfortunately, there are records sampled on this release that I have yet to find, but I think I have at least half of them. Record collecting, unfortunately, is never something you can finish. You can someday have all of the available Faberge eggs, but you'll never get all of the records out there. But enough blathering, if you've missed it before, here is A Christmas Sampler (Westminster WP S-2, Mono).

1. Dick Leibert-White Christmas
2. Cathedral Bellringers-Birthday Of A King
3. Collegium Musicam-Adeste Fideles
4. Ferrante & Teicher-Sleigh Ride
5. Deutschmeister Band-God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
6. Robert Locksmith & Robert Owen-O Holy Night
7. Dick Leibert-What Child Is This (Greensleeves)
8. Randolph Singers-The First Noel
9. Brooklyn Museum Children's Chorus-Joy To The World
10. Randolph Singers-We Three Kings Of Orient Are
11. Gordon Myers-O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
12. Basil Rathbone-Isaiah 40, 1-5
13. Carl Weinrich-Lord, Through Thy Goodness (Bach)
14. Vienna Akademie Kammerchor-Silent Night

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...