Monday, December 22, 2008

Kiddie One


Here's the first of two kiddie records I want to share with you tonight. I'd ever seen either of them before this year, but that doesn't always mean anything. Records that were in wide release in one area of the country sometimes saw no distribution whatsoever in a different area. But living in Florida, I often get the best of both worlds. When folks retire to this area from all over the country, they bring their record collections with them. Then, when they downsize or clear out, or, sometimes pass away, those records make their way to my local thrift stores, and I get stuff from everywhere. Perhaps that's the story with these records. With the kids grown and gone, who needs kiddie Christmas records? But enough small talk, please download Santa's Toy Shop Party (Panda Children's Records PAN X001, Mono). Half of this record is Christmas, but the other side is only marginally related. You'll see what I mean when you give it a listen. Oh, the artist on that cover is George Buckett. Not sure if I like it or not...

1. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
2. Jingle Bells
3. Up On The House Tops
4. 'Twas The Night Before Christmas
5. Santa's Surprise
6. Toy Town
7. Alakazam, The Magic Man
8. Wooden Soldiers On Parade
9. I Want A Teddy Bear

4 comments:

  1. OK. This one is a little strange. My kids and I get a big kick out of the album, especially the laughing teddy bear on the Santa Claus surprise.
    "Kids, are you ready for a biiiiiiiiiig surprise?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked this record up today at a swap meet for practically nothing. The cover was pretty beat up, but the vinyl itself was in good shape. I wish the link to download the mp3s were working though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going to post the mp3s for downloading again?

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...