Sunday, December 07, 2008

Speaking Of Roger


Since I compared my last share of George Greeley to this Roger Williams share from last year, I figured this was a good time to share it out again. I shared this out on Christmas Eve last year, so I'm sure plenty of folks didn't get a chance to download it or enjoy it before Christmas came and went. So why not get it now while there's still plenty of time to enjoy it. This is Roger Williams With The Concert Grand Orchestra Directed by Frank Hunter & Marty Gold-Christmas Time (Kapp KS-3048, Stereo, 1959). Oh, and I found two different covers for this one, both giant gatefolds that must have cost a fortune when they were new.

1. Silent Night
2. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
3. Winter Wonderland
4. We Three Kings Of Orient Are; The First Noel; Away In A Manger; Angels We Have Heard On High
5. Deck The Hall
6. Adeste Fideles
7. White Christmas
8. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
9. Christmas Song
10. O Holy Night; Joy To The World; It Came Upon The Midnight Clear; O Sanctissima
11. Jingle Bells
12. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I thought that was Steve Buscemi when I first looked at the album cover. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the hard work you invest in making these albums available, Ernie (Not Bert)!

    I own a Roger Williams CD that is a staple of the Christmas season...right up there with Gene Autry. This release here rates a close second to the CD of his (much later [re]release).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the mono version of this lp. It is the same cover art but the background is green. Sadly, though, mine is not a gatefold. Bummer. If anyone is interested I could post an image of the cover and back. As always, Ernie, thanks for all your hard work. [Incidentally, I often check your photos--not just at Christmas time]. Bradley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the original lp. It comes with the lyrics thought all are instrumental.

    Fantastic!! I found the same recording con CD with a different cover.

    Francisco

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...